The PublicsLab and CUNY for Abortion Rights welcome you to an in-person gathering on Saturday, October 15th from 12-5pm at The People’s Forum to learn and strategize with the movement for safe, legal, and free abortion access (bit.ly/allout1015). In an opening panel, breakout sessions, and a concluding assembly, we will exchange lessons between organizers, scholars, and frontline workers. All participants will emerge from this event with connections and tangible skills to contribute to the urgent struggle for reproductive justice in New York and beyond.
Intentions for the day include:
- Hear firsthand accounts of recent abortion rights victories in Latin America and Ireland.
- Gain insight from Black liberation analyses on bodily autonomy.
- Build bridges between abortion care inside and clinic defense outside.
- Activate media skills to document, educate, and disseminate information.
- Strategize how to expand this struggle in our workplaces and universities.
Registration & Event Details:
This event will be held in-person, at The People’s Forum: 320 West 37th Street (between 8th & 9th Avenues), New York, NY 10018. Please note: proof of vaccination and a photo ID are required for this event (see Community Safety section below).
Participants must register on Eventbrite here. More details can also be found at: bit.ly/allout1015. Please reach out to the PublicsLab with any logistical questions or accessibility needs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12pm – Arrive promptly, meet each other
12:15pm-1:45pm – “The Shape and Future of Our Movement” panel with Pan y Rosas (Argentina), Njera Keith (400+1), Natalie Gomez-Velez (CUNY Law School); moderated by Dána-Ain Davis (CUNY Graduate Center)
1:45-2pm – Break
2pm-3:15pm – Breakout sessions
- Activism on the frontlines with Zoey Thill and Lauren H (NYC for Abortion Rights)
- Organizing on campuses with CUNY for Abortion Rights
- Media training with Simin Farkhondeh (Democracy Now) and Brenna McCaffrey
3:15pm-4pm – Food* and conversation
4pm-5pm – Next-steps assembly
*Food will be provided. Please be sure to include any dietary needs on the registration form.*
This event is free and open to the public. It is co-sponsored by the Center for Place, Culture, and Politics, the PublicsLab and the Center for the Study of Women and Society.
The PublicsLab thanks Ally Ganster, Britt Munro, Conor Tomás Reed, Janelle Poe, Karanja Keita Carroll, Nina DeMeo, Raura Doreste-Méndez, and Tatiana Cozzarelli for their work in organizing this event.
COVID vaccination for this event is required by The People’s Forum. Participants can show proof of vaccination by any the following:
- Original vaccination card and photo ID
- Photo (e.g. on a phone) of original vaccination card and photo ID
- NYS Excelsior Pass and photo ID
To ensure the health and safety of our community as we gather together, we strongly encourage attendees to wear a mask when not eating or drinking, and to take an at-home COVID test prior to attending.
Any changes in the vaccination and/or masking policies is subject to guidelines established by the People’s Forum, the PublicsLab, and/or state and local public health entities. If the public health landscape changes significantly, we will contact registrants with updated guidelines.