Each academic year the Center appoints six doctoral student fellows from the Graduate Center, CUNY and six CUNY faculty fellows from throughout CUNY. Fellows are drawn from programs in the social sciences, humanities, and sciences. Faculty fellows receive a two course release for the year of their fellowship (to be distributed across the fall and spring semesters at the discretion of their department), and student fellows receive a stipend of $10,000. ONLY full-time CUNY faculty are eligible for faculty fellowships, and ONLY Level III CUNY doctoral students are eligible for Graduate Fellowships. Deadlines for these fellowships are announced below once they are determined.
You can read abstracts of past fellows’ research here.
A central aspect of the Center is a weekly seminar that meets every Wednesday morning from 10 AM-12 PM. This seminar is a chance to bring student and faculty fellows together with distinguished visiting scholars around the annual theme.
You can read about this year’s seminar theme here.
The Center also offers a Post-Doctoral Fellowship position every one to two years (see below). Information on becoming a Visiting Scholar at the Center can be found here.
Applications Due: Wednesday, January 15, 2020, no later than 12:00 noon
The application guidelines, cover sheet, and eligibility can be found here.
The completed application must be submitted no later than 12:00noon on Wednesday, January 15, 2020. The applications are to be submitted as per the following instructions. Your adviser must submit a letter of recommendation by the same deadline, January 15, 2020.
The application materials should be assembled AS A SINGLE DOCUMENT in pdf or word format in the following order:
a. Application cover sheet
b. Statement of applicability for special focus awards (if applicable, see award descriptions for details)
c. 9-page proposal
d. 1-page bibliography
e. 2-page CV
f. Graduate Center Transcript (unofficial student copy is sufficient)
One letter of reference to be submitted electronically by your adviser (see instructions page).
Instructions for submitting your application:
1. Combine your cover sheet, proposal (including abstract and bibliography), curriculum vitae, and transcript, into a SINGLE file (either as a pdf document or a word document).
· Use the following format when naming your document: Last Name, First Name, Program
3. Complete the online section of the application through the following form:
* You must use your Graduate Center email address when you submit both parts of the application. All award notifications will also be sent to your Graduate Center email.
Instructions for Faculty Recommenders
1. Prepare your reference letter as a regular word or pdf document, on letterhead.
• Please use the following format when naming your document:
Student Last Name, First Name
2. Email your letter as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Wednesday, February 20th, 2020, no later than 12:00pm. Your emailed application must be received on or before this date to be considered. For faculty fellowships email to pcp.gc.cuny.edu.
A completed Faculty-Fellow-Application is comprised of four parts:
- Completed faculty application form 2020 that includes the signature of the program Executive Officer for faculty with Graduate School and University Center(GSUC) appointments or of Department chairs for non-GSUC appointments. (This is on the second page of the .pdf above)
- 150 words abstract
- Project description (maximum 1500 words)
- A current short CV (maximum 5 pages)
Submit completed application by e-mail as a PDF attachment (including the signed application form) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Title email as: “FACULTY FELLOWSHIP APPLICATION”. The application deadline is Wednesday, January 29, 2020, no later than 12:00pm.
Inquiries about the faculty fellowship can be sent to email@example.com**
APPLICATION INFORMATION FOR POST-DOCTORAL FELLOWSHIP
The CPCP expects to advertise in late 2020 to hire a postdoc for 2021-22. Please check back for more information.